Pampered

I don't often get sick (my perspective - she would disagree), but when I do Shijie pampers me like a small puppy. So when I came down with a cold at the end of this week, I wasn't surprised when she insisted on coming to "rescue" me in Tucson over me going to Phoenix for the weekend. While not exactly strict, she demands a thorough course of action, and only she can see that I perform all of them.

Her checklist for a sick Blake:
- Copious amounts of Vitamin C, juice and water
- Hour-long naps every 3 hours
- Herbal tea (each from some part of mainland China) every hour
- Soup for virtually every meal
- Hot baths before bed

Between these activities she chides that perhaps I should be on Rosetta Stone studying Chinese - while she works through Saturday on her legal briefs for the court.

But as I said above, she is not exactly strict. I often settle for either reading Sci-Fi, dreaming up designs for shirts or videos, or watching a TV series with her. And in the end, although she thinks she is taking care of me, I really think I'm taking care of her by distracting her from work over the weekend.

Of course it is at her insistance that I write a blog post, so perhaps I am the trained puppy after all.

(Food Therapy: There is nothing a good Korean BBQ can't cure.)

1 comment: